Missoula’s Popular Places For The Best Of This Comfort Food
There was recently a conversation around the offices about some of the businesses in Missoula that are no longer with us that we wish we could bring back. Sometimes it is a good thing to take a trip down "memory lane" and remember some of the places that we used to frequent while living in Western Montana.
We Noticed A Few Restaurants That Missoula May Need
There were a few things we noticed when talking about past restaurants in Missoula. We noticed that, besides sushi, we don't have a seafood focused restaurant. We also noticed that there used to be a lot more restaurants that offered a big selection of pies.
Missoula Pie Restaurants of the Past
We aren't talking about pizza pie, we are talking about dessert pies. There is a long list of restaurants that have come and gone that used to have big selections of pies.
- Montana Pie Company
- Pioneer Pies
- Don's Family Restaurant
- Trenary's Irish Pub
That doesn't mean that we don't still have some great places for a piece of pie in Missoula. We asked our listeners to help us out finding the best place in Missoula for a piece of pie.
Before we get to the best places for a piece of pie, here are some of the businesses in Missoula we wish we could bring back.
21 More Missoula Businesses That We Would Like To Return
Gallery Credit: Chris Wolfe
Break Espresso in Missoula Was A Favorite
- Devin- Break Espresso
- Matthew- Break Espresso
- Dixie- Break
- Alicia- Definitely Break
- Nissa- The Break
- Toby- Break Espresso
- Megan- Break Espresso downtown, hands down.
- Kody- Break coffee had some pie sometimes.
- Myk- The Break Espresso
- Keith- Break Espresso
- Valerie- The Breaks Espresso
- Alicia- The Break
- Juli- Also Break Expresso’s Strawberry Rhubarb (the Whole pie easily feeds 10+) it’s huge and delicious.
- Cheri- Out what is listed here...only Break Espresso. We don't really have a "pie" place. Famous Dave's is selling Baker's Square pies now. Haven't tried one.
- Christina- Break Espresso for sure!!
Missoula's Bakeries Also Was Shown Some Love
- T- Bernice’s
- Melanie- Bernice's Bakery So many fabulous choices.
- Julie- Bernice's bakery!
- Crickett- Bernice’s
- Jacq- Bernice’s Bakery
- Allison- Bernice’s or Black Cat or Good Food Store
- Tarik- Black Cat
- Debbie- Black Cat! Everything there is delicious!
Missoula's Cafe's and Diners Were Mentioned
- Kathy- Ruby's
- Judy- Ruby's Cafe has great homemade pie.
- Em- Ruby Cafe
- Jessica- River City Grill in Bonner!
- Brad- River City Grill
- Barbara- Paul's
- Sarah- Ruby's cafe or The Break
If you want to take a drive to enjoy some great pies, there are a few places in Western Montana that got some votes from our listeners.
- Vini- Glen’s in Florence
- Laurie- Glen's
- Betty- Paul's Pancake, Ruby's Cafe but the best... Glen's Cafe in Florence
- Kurt- Glen's Cafe, Florence!!
- Jason- The Park Cafe in Saint Mary's on the East side of Glacier, it's just a short drive outside of Missoula.
Fall and Winter in Montana Is A Great Time For Pie
For me the fall and winter in Montana is baking season, and sometimes a person just needs to have the comfort of a good piece of pie.
When is Apple Day in the Bitterroot? When the pies are done!
Gallery Credit: Dennis Bragg