Need a Break? 5 of the Best Ways to Unplug in Montana
Montana is one of the best states in the country when it comes to getting away from it all. If you need to unplug, here are some of the best ways to do it in the treasure state.
Most people have a hard time going anywhere without their phones. When we're not zoned in on our phone screens, we're watching TV or using a streaming service. Every once in a while we all need to unplug and clear our minds for a bit.
According to National Calendar Day;
From sundown to sundown March 3 – 4, Global Day of Unplugging, kicks off a 24-hour period, to unplug, unwind, relax, and do things other than using today’s technology, electronics, and social media.
When you disconnect or unplug from all of your electronic devices, you have an opportunity to reset. You can make more human connections with places and people around you.
Unplugging can also improve your quality of sleep. Going outdoors and getting some fresh air is a great way to get natural exercise and help your body sleep better.
HOW TO OBSERVE GLOBAL DAY OF UNPLUGGING
- Make a plan with a friend or two ahead of time.
- Turn off smartphones, computers, personal assistants, gaming systems, and televisions.
- Start your day by singing in the shower.
- Read the newspaper.
- Meet a friend for breakfast.
- Go to the library and use the Dewy Decimal System.
- Have a conversation uninterrupted by a notification.
- Leave your mobile tech at home.
- Make sure to sign the Unplugging Pledge.