Good Food Awards 2024: Montana Coffee Finalists and Winners
There seems to be a lot of news lately about coffee shops.
- Catalyst Cafe and Espresso will reopen in April as Catalyst2Go
- City Brew Coffee on 400 Broadway is permanently closed
- Liquid Planet is relocating to 400 Broadway
And in Missoula Food News
The latest news is that several Montana coffee shops were named finalists and winners for the 2024 Good Food Awards.
What Are the Good Food Awards?
The Good Food Foundation is a nonprofit organization with a mission to revitalize American food culture through programs and opportunities for "players in the food system." The Good Food Awards is one of five programs (Awards, Guild, Alliance, Mercantile and Fund) the foundation has created to carry out its mission.
Good Food Awards 2024
In this year's awards, two Montana coffee shops were named finalists and three coffee shops won awards out of 1,700 entries.
- Drum Coffee: Rwanda Sholi, Missoula, Montana
- Montana Coffee Traders, Ethiopia Mulish, Whitefish, Montana
- Montana Coffee Traders: Ethiopian Peaberry, Whitefish, Montana
- Revel Coffee: Ethiopia Kayon Mountain, Billings, Montana
- Big Creek Coffee Roasters: Ethiopia Guji Uraga
Drum Coffee in Missoula shared a little bit about the coffee's origin on Instagram:
Abateraninkunga ba Sholi (“Sholi”) Cooperative, meaning “Mutual Assistance,” is located in Muhanga district, Southern Province, in the center of Rwanda. Established in 2008, Sholi has been producing coffee for nearly a decade, and the Cooperative’s name speaks to its members working together to improve both their coffee and the greater community. Sholi was borne out of a women’s association called “Kundwa”, which means “love” in Kinyarwanda.
Congratulations to all the Montana businesses recognized as part of this year's awards.
These Towns Have the Best Downtowns in Montana
Gallery Credit: Ashley
Best in Montana: 10 Mouthwatering Restaurants You Need to Try
Gallery Credit: Jesse James