6 Exciting Things Montanans Should Look Forward to in 2024
As we close out another year, Montana can look ahead in to 2024 with some exciting and positive things coming our way in the new year. 2023 definitely saw its ups and downs for a lot of people. There was a lot to contend with, from high gas and grocery prices, to the increase in Montana's population. Let's try and be positive and look at 6 exciting things we can look forward to in Montana in 2024.
- University of Montana Grizzlies- The Griz are going to be playing for the FCS National Championship in football. That is something the entire state should get behind. Even if you are not a Griz fan, you should still be rooting for the players from Montana that are competing on a national stage. It isn't every year a Montana team get to this level. Even if you are a Bobcat fan, no one will blame you for rooting for Montana. You won't lose your "Bobcat Card".
- Big Concerts- There are going to be at least two major concerts at Washington Grizzly Stadium in Missoula. This is rare, normally there are years between concerts at this venue. 2024 will see both Tyler Childers, for those Country fans and P!nk for the pop fans. With at least two major shows at coming to a stadium that fits over 25,000 fans, maybe we will see even more big names coming to Montana.
- Sean "Sugar" O'Malley- Montana's own Sean "Sugar" O'Malley will be defending his Bantam Weight title against Marlon Vera at UFC 299 on March 9th. The bout will be taking place in Kaseya Center in Miami, Florida. Another professional athlete from Montana competing on a national stage.
- Camping in Montana- Camping in Montana has gotten a little bit easier with the passing of HB 440. National campgrounds will need to meet a minimum of campsites that can't be reserved. The "first come, first served" situation will be more available, which will help locals try to get campsites. Don't forget to reserve your campsites this coming January.
- "Yellowstone" Final Season- According to Variety, the final season of "Yellowstone" will air in November of 2024. There are multiple spin-offs that will be coming, including the "1944" spin-off reportedly to star Matthew McConaughey and will reportedly be filmed in the Bitterroot Valley in Montana. Will we see Matthew around in Montana in 2024?
- 2024 Is A Leap Year- 2024 is a leap year. We will be getting an extra day. How exciting is that? February will have 29 days. We get one more day to squeeze the best out of 2024.
I think saying goodbye to 2023 is going to be very easy for a lot of people this year. But, I think we have a lot to look forward to in Montana in 2024. So bring on 2024 and let's make the most out of our new year.
LOOK: Where people in Montana are moving to most
Gallery Credit: Stacker