8 Underdog Missoula Nonprofits That Could Use a Boost Today
Missoula Gives is happening right now and will be wrapping up in a few hours.This is an opportunity for our community to donate and give back. Missoula has quite a few "not for profit" organizations, and this is where you can view them all in one place.
Missoula Has Many Organizations That Can Use Your Help
There are over 198 organizations listed this year with Missoula Gives. Some of them are more familiar and bigger than others. What I appreciate about the "Missoula Gives" event, is that I get to explore and learn about organizations that I haven't heard about before or that are brand new. Not all of them get the recognition they deserve or the donations they need.
Here are Some Organizations in Missoula That Can Use a Boost
"Missoula Gives" has a leaderboard that gives a running total. It is very impressive to see the generosity of Western Montana. Here are a few organizations that are further down the list in donations could use some support. At the moment, they are at the bottom of the leader board.
- Mother Moon Project- Help with pregnant and postpartum families who may need support.
- Impact Montana- The help with Montana Service Members, Veterans, First Responders, and their immediate families.
- Missoula Mayfly Project- Uses fly fishing as a catalyst to mentor and support children in foster care.
- Montana Meth Project- The only organization in the state solely dedicated to Meth prevention.
- Words Out West- Working hard to find and record distinctive storytellers who will bring fresh perspectives to our listeners while celebrating the tradition of writing in the West.
- Life in the Wildlands- Life in the Wildlands is a nonprofit organization that can help guide you on your journey to an outdoor career with our
federal resume and career counseling services.
- University of Montana Upward Bound- Upward Bound offers afterschool tutoring in each of our target high schools, volunteer opportunities, monthly workshops in topics related to high school success and post-secondary enrollment
- Wildhorse Equestrian Center- They believe in offering horses plenty of room so horses can be happy healthy horses.
There are so many worthy organizations in Missoula and Western Montana to choose from. Thank you for all your generous donations.